Coronavirus Health Update
Following advice and direction from the Australian Government Department of Health, we must make significant changes to our operations.
We work on the front line and must take these steps to not only ensure the safety of our staff, but also the vulnerable families we interact with every day.
The COVID-19 pandemic is a severe threat to our community and we all need to play our part in slowing the spread.
- Funerals currently planned will go ahead as arranged.
- The number of people attending funeral services will need to comply with maximum numbers as dictated by the Australian Department of Health. We have adopted this policy to follow the best available advice – under the direction of the Australian Chief Medical Officer. Public gatherings have been identified as a risk, and funerals are no exception to this. Public gatherings have been restricted in size to 10 people indoors.
- Family members who have travelled from overseas will not be permitted to attend as per advice from the Australian Department of Health.
- We have the capability to Livestream funeral services. Our company has long been a leader in the industry for the flexible delivery of funeral services, and please rest assured that we have infrastructure in place to arrange video recordings and/or livestream of funeral services. In addition, we will also continue to provide a variety of options to families with consideration to the pandemic unfolding.
- Funerals will not be able to have catering afterwards. We have made this difficult decision as a company in the interest of public health and safety.
Therefore, we ask for your cooperation in not attending services or arrangements if you have any symptoms of illness - even the slightest sore throat. We ask for the same cooperation if you have been in contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days.
We understand that these measures are especially difficult during a time of grief where personal contact is a natural way to show care and support. We do know that COVID-19 spreads through close contact with an infected person, mostly face-to-face and in this regard we ask you to consider and minimise your risk of exposure.
Despite the unprecedented situation we all find ourselves in, please rest assured that we are here to guide you and assist anyone during this time. If you have any question in relation to planning for a funeral, please make contact with us. As circumstances with regard to the pandemic unfold, we are here to help.